Add a WOW Experience to your Broadway Shows
Posted on Mar 23, 2017
Follow your passion and make the most of your theater experience by learning what goes on behind the scenes. Seating pricing changes by day and seat location. “Sold Out” shows are more expensive than shows with better availability. Give us your budget and we’ll help you select the best option to meet your goals.
Incorporate any of the following experiences with your ticket purchase:
- Learn the History of the Theater District: Hear the fascinating history of the people that made the neighborhood a worldwide destination. Using anecdotes and old photos, you’ll marvel at the creativity of the writers, actors and producers that bring the stories to life on the stage.
- Meet a Costume Designer: Learn the tricks and techniques that costume designers use to have your eyes focus on the characters and balance the scenes with texture and color.
- “Dancing with the Stars”: Take advantage of a dance lesson at the studio that was used for Dancing with the Stars! You’ll enjoy a one hour lesson and have an hour to practice with your to help fine-tune your number.
- Meet a Makeup Artist: Learn the process of how a makeup artist transforms the actor into the Broadway character! You can test your skills or have the artist transform you.
- Meet a Set Designer: Learn how the entire mood and atmosphere of the stage literally “sets” the stage and places the performers in a specific space and time. Learn how the actors move across the stage to bring the story to life.
- Learn a Song from a Broadway Show: Learn a number in a private rehearsal studio with a cast member and musical director. Whether you dream of performing on Broadway, or want a unique outing with friends or colleagues, this interactive experience makes you feel like a real insider!
- Learn safety in stage combat: Are the actors are “really” fighting? This private experience is perfect for active children 13 and over, or corporate team building who prefer hands-on experiences.
Discover New York’s Theater Reviews offer an insider’s perspective on the new spring Broadway shows.
It’s hard to know which new show to book when you have limited time and the choices seem overwhelming. Click on the link for the unbiased review and see which new show is right for you. Remember to check back later as new shows continue to open.
- Amélie: Recommended for audiences who like Phillipa Soo.
- Come From Away: Recommended for adults who love theater with a point of view.
- Dear Evan Hansen Recommended for ages 13 and over.
- In Transit: Recommended for anyone that dreams of coming to New York and fulfilling their dreams.
- Miss Saigon: Recommended for ages 16 and over that love big Broadway love stories.
- Present Laughter: Recommended for anyone who loves Noël Coward’s timeless humor.
- Significant Other: Recommended for ages 16 and over who have found love or still looking.
- Sunday in the Park with George: Recommended for anyone who loves Sondheim, and wants to experience a brilliant new version of the show.
- Sunset Blvd: Recommended for adult audiences who love glitz and glamour of a bygone era as well as Glenn Close, and want to see her version of Nora Desmond.
- Sweat: Recommended for adult audiences who can appreciate how life imitates art and art imitates life.
- War Paint: Recommended for anyone who has built a business, enjoys history and appreciates the sheer talent of these two incredible performers bringing this story to life.
Contact a Discover New York Destination Specialist to transform your ticket into a fabulous experience!
Want to Stay Up To Date With News From New York?
Subscribe to our blog and get email notifications when new entries are made!