5 Reasons to Explore Queens and Celebrate the NLCS Playoff Series and Cheer on the Mets!
Posted on Oct 20, 2015
Come and celebrate the diversity of things to do in Queens! With over 100 hotels and more on the drawing boards, this is a great destination for both locals and visitors.
- Sports: Take in a baseball game at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets, and plan now to watch the U.S. Open tennis matches in Flushing next August and September.
- Parks and Gardens: Visit the new 12 acre waterfront park along Long Island City with gorgeous views back to Manhattan, bird watch at the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge or stroll in the Queens Botanical Garden.
- History and Architecture: Explore the Landmark communities and stroll through charming little neighborhoods.
- Museums: Visit the Queens Museum of Art, site of the 1964 World’s Fair Site, the Socrates Sculpture Park, or any number of museums that showcase musicians, and artists.
- Food: Taste your way through Little Guyana, Little Colombia, Little Egypt, Chinatown, Koreatown, Greece, Bangladesh, Moroccan, Brazilian and Indian…and sample 10 top breweries.
Contact a Discover New York and Beyond Destination Specialist to design your visit to match your budget and goals in Queens.
Want to Stay Up To Date With News From New York?
Subscribe to our blog and get email notifications when new entries are made!