11 Ways to Personalize Your Visit to NYC During Pride Week
Posted on Jun 5, 2017
There is something for everyone during Pride New York City! The City’s Parade on Sunday, June 25th is a huge celebration.
Contact a Discover New York Destination Specialist to help you maximize your time in New York City!
Include some wonderful ways to explore the five boroughs from walking tours to full day explorations with one of Discover New York’s Expert Guides.
- First Time Visitor: City Highlights tour includes the best of the iconic locations with stops at the sites that you want visit. See the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from Battery Park, or get near the islands on a one hour harbor cruise! Or, go to the Statue and Ellis Island and celebrate the diversity of New York’s immigrant history. Take in great views from the Empire State Building, or One World Observatory and see the 9/11 Memorial, or explore Rockefeller Center and enjoy the views from the Top of the Rock observation deck. Add a helicopter ride for a real bird’s eye view!
- Active New York: Whether you prefer to bike, sail, run or walk, seeing the City with an expert makes the experience come alive. Hear the secrets of the Brooklyn Bridge with your Discover New York Guide. Explore New York’s first suburb, Brooklyn Heights, and see over 1,100 private homes in New York’s first Historic District, 800 of which were built before 1860. Capture the city with a photographer to help you take better shots.
- Architecture: Explore over 400 years of architectural history and identify the neighborhoods by their architectural style. New York City is changing rapidly neighborhood by neighborhood even locals are finding awe at its pace! Stroll along the High Line, New York’s elevated park in the sky and destination for 8 million visitors each year. View the new project called Hudson Yards being built over the Pennsylvania Railroad yards. This complex is the largest private construction project in the history of the United States and will generate a GDP larger than Iceland’s when finished. Whether you love historic townhouses, Art Deco masterpieces, Mid-Century Modern, or the amazing new designs, there is something for everyone.
- Art: Visit the hot galleries, explore the outdoor public sculpture and murals, or visit an artist in his/her studio or take a hands-on class and create an art piece of your own.
- Culinary: Nibble your way through the markets and specialty emporiums, take a hands-on cooking class or delve into the world of chocolate, cheese, cupcakes, pizza, bagels and more. Add a beer or wine tasting lesson. Dine in any of the fabulous al fresco restaurants and watch the world go by.
- Fashion: Shop in the fun, affordable wholesale showrooms not open to the public where the savings are up to 70% off retail. Discover the up and coming designers in small boutiques. Need a make-over? Let our experts fine tune a fresh new look for you.
- Historic Neighborhoods: Two-hour explorations with a Discover New York Guide are a wonderful way to learn more about individual neighborhoods, the people that live there and what makes them so special. Explore Harlem, whether you want to focus on jazz, hip-hop, Gospel, Latin or Jewish or African American heritage, or visit the location where Lin-Manuel-Miranda spent time writing Hamilton, and then visit Alexander Hamilton’s home.
- Horticulture: Explore the waterfront parks and gardens, roller-blade or bike through Central Park or relax in a pedicab and see the famous locations used in TV and movie locations. Learn about New York’s most famous past residents at Greenwood or Woodlawn Cemeteries and hear their amazing stories and contributions to the City they loved.
- Museums: Explore over 150 museums, include a private tour or visit before or after the museum is open to the public. Include a Scavenger Hunt to make the adventure even more fun.
- Science and Math: Add some real magic to your stay with a visit to a magic shop and learn the science behind the magic!
- Theater and Entertainment: In addition to seeing one of the great Broadway shows, add a backstage visit with a cast member, and/or learn a number in a private rehearsal studio with a Broadway pro! Discover New York can recommend the perfect jazz, cabaret or piano bar, or create a suite for you and friends to view a sporting event with private catering.
The Rally, Friday, June 16, 2017 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Pride Luminaries Brunch, Sunday, June 18, 2017 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
OutCinema, Monday, Jun 19, 2017 Doors: 6:45 PM – Movie 7:30 PM
Family Movie Night, Tuesday, June 20, 2017 Doors: 7:30 PM – Movie 8:30 PM
Village Voice Pride Awards, Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Pride Island, Friday, June 23, 2017 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Moxie, Friday, June 23, 2017 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Fantasy, Friday, June 23, 2017 11:00 PM – 5:00 AM
Youth Pride, Saturday, June 24, 2017 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
VIP Rooftop Party, Saturday, June 24, 2017 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Pride Island, Saturday, June 24, 2017 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Teaze, Saturday, June 24, 2017 4:00 PM -10:00 PM
Masterbeat, Game Show, Saturday, June 24, 2017 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM
The March, Sunday, June 25, 2017 Noon –
PrideFest, Sunday, June 25, 2017 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Femme Fatale, Sunday, June 25, 2017 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Pride Island Sunday, Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Want to Stay Up To Date With News From New York?
Subscribe to our blog and get email notifications when new entries are made!